Your copyright is the bloom of your thoughts, the outcome of your brainstorming, the victory of the fortunate dreams over the unfortunate ones. That’s certainly worth protection.
Copyright is the exclusive right granted to the author to reproduce a work, its public performance, recording, translation, adaption or any substantial part.
Works covered by copyright range from books, music, paintings, sculpture, and films, to computer programs, databases, advertisements, maps, and technical drawings.
Our attorneys handle all matters related to licensing, transfers and assignments of copyrights to maximize the value of copyrighted works. In addition, we protect the value of our clients’ copyrighted work by policing potentially infringing uses around the world and online. We also have substantial experience in copyright litigation and negotiate agreements to avoid potentially costly litigation when it is in the best interest of the client.
We provide a wide range of services serving authors, such as:
- Preparation, filing and prosecution of applications for registration of copyright in Egypt and worldwide.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements on copyrighted protected work, including publishing, licenses and marketing agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating copyright assignments contracts.
- Assistance in protecting your copyright in case of infringement litigation.
- Negotiation and representation in disputes and other litigious situations.
- Portfolio management and copyright strategies tailored to your needs;
- Advice on licensing, registration and distribution agreements.
- Perform due diligence and audits